Friday, May 30, 2014

Review: Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver

The low ratings Requiem has been receiving from the readers and fans of the trilogy mainly pin it on the fact that its ending left us all hanging. Lauren Oliver left the readers be the one to interpret or make their own ending to the story. Being done so, Requiem doesn't close its doors to any possibilities of how it will end. 

What made me disappointed with Requiem has little to do with its ending. Though I would've rather Lauren made a more definite ending, I did not find myself complaining much about that. As John Green has eloquently put it, "Books belong to their readers." What bugged me was that Requiem was very slow paced and not as interesting as compared to its predecessors. The addition of the new character didn't help much to the flow of the story either -- only to the love square including Lena, Alex and Julian. I am not a fan of love triangles so imagine how I felt with this love square. Love rhombus, trapezoid, rectangle or whatever.

Sadly, this book really did not live up to the expectations I had for the trilogy's finale. But still, all praises to Lauren Oliver for creating a wonderful and endearing series.

Read from: May 11-12, 2013 
Rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...